Sunday, February 25, 2007

What and Who is The Single Chef

What: The Single Chef is a blog about cooking. But not just any cooking blog, this is for the twenty-somethings right out of college with cooking experience limited to a microwave, the person who eats out, orders in, and picks up the majority of their meals and is feeling the pinch in the pocketbook, and the person who feels they are too busy to make a healthy meal for themselves. I wanted to write about how cooking is fantastic, makes you feel fantastic, and how easy it is to cook for one or two as well as create great dishes for parties. You don't need state of the art kitchen gear to do it either. Also, how to take those leftovers and make a fantastic lunch for the next day so you aren't wasting food and not just re-eating dinner.

How: Everyday (hopefully) I will update this blog with a new recipe, pictures of me making tastey dishes, and the list for ingredients you'll need as well as tips, tricks, and what any person should have in their pantry. This is so you will see how easy and quick it is to cook for yourself and start to see how great it is to cook.

Why:I'm 23, ok ok almost 24, and just really started cooking when I was 20. It was the first time I had a kitchen of my own. Sure I'd made grilled cheese, Mac and Cheese and cookies from a bag: but nothing from scratch or semi-scratch. In the past three years, I have learned to recreate meals I love, try new things, and bake. Cooking is a passion now for me. And when I make cookies or baked brie or even spinach dip for parties people my age are always shocked and say they couldn't do it: I want to show people THEY CAN!

Who:I'm Ginni. Orginally from the East Coast and now living in Austin, Texas. I have NO professional training in the Culinary Arts and I will make mistakes and learn from them and pass them on to you. I am in my twenties. I love food, wine, and hosting parties.

(yes, thesinglechef.blogspot.com is me. I had the idea in september and then never followed through...and then forgot my user name....)

No comments: