Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Leftovers leftover


My mother was raised on Leftover night, my father was not. I love leftovers much like my mother. I find joy in not having to cook for myself another night or having something yummy for lunch at work the next day.

Well I roasted that chicken and I thought I would share my, pictureless, leftovers that I created with you all. Please note, I created all of this from what was in my house.

1. BBQ chicken "pizza"
1 tortilla chicken from the chicken-- i pulled everything off my bird and threw it in a big bag. BBQ sauce of your choice shredded Mozzerella Cheese In an oven safe frying pan, place on stove and heat on med-high and turn oven on 350 degrees. heat up tortilla, add a thin layer of bbq sauce, cheese, and chicken with a drizzle of bbq on top and pop in oven until cheese is melted.
2. Greek Pita Tostada
1 Pita or tortilla 1-2 tablespoons of Hummus chicken from chicken 1/4 cup plain yogurt 2 tablespoons Feta cheese about 1/4th cup cucumber 2-3 teaspoons cumin 1/4 cup lettuce 1/8 cup tomato diced In a frying pan, lightly as you can coat the pan with olive oil and put pita/tortilla in to lightly coat it as well. Add some salt and "fry" it up. cut a bit of cucumber up into thin and small slices, mix in with 1/4 cup of yogurt, feta and cumin. Once pita is crisp take it off pan and add chicken to warm it up. spread hummus on pita, add warm chicken, the yogurt mixture, lettuce and diced tomato!

3. Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Good Bread-- two slices Margerine or butter Cheese Chicken Any fun sauces in the fridge--pesto, spicy mustard, etc. cooked Bacon if you have it butter outside of the bread slices, put on sauce/condiments, bacon, cheese and chicken. And Fry it in a pan or use a fun Sandwich press!


4. Chicken Quesadilla
Tortilla Chicken Shredded Cheese Salsa Sour Cream Avacado is you have it Heat up a frying pan, add tortilla and get it warm, add cheese, chicken, salsa, and avacado. Fold over tortilla and heat on both sides untill cheese is melted. Let cool and cut into 3rds and serve with sour cream.




The chicken will also be wonderful in a stew as it won't have to cook all day.

8 comments:

Staci said...

I see you are a friend of the blonde menace.

You may be asked to testify in court about an issue regarding privacy invasion. Please email me if you know anything.

Unknown said...

Yes, but what did you make with the cat? Hee!

The Blonde Menace said...

Wow this crazy bitch is now accusing me of sleeping with her ex-husband and breaking into her emails, which is absurd b/c I've never seen her before in my life. Apparently I look like the offender(in the photo-shopped picture of me on my blog) so of course that means it's me. And now here she is harassing you. I apologize that your funny and witty comment seems to have gotten her on to your ass as well.

This shit is insane.

According to sitemeter I'm pretty sure she's in Portland, Maine (I've never even been to fucking Maine) if you get a chance let me know if you have any visits to your page from there.

By the way the barbecue pizza sounds AMAZING.

The Single Chef said...

LA- CAT STEW! mmmmm.
Jayme-- Please stop leaving comments on my page.
BM-The woman has issues, tell her to stop leaving you comments as she is harassing you. If it continues-- get blogger involved and take her to court for harassment. :-) Crazies love us...

Staci said...

K, now I know you are involved.

Welcome to the lawsuit!

The Blonde Menace said...

Wow Single Chef, clearly you are involved b/c you felt the need to defend yourself and your blog, this girl keeps coming up with the most solid evidence I’ve ever seen!!!

Looks like I am going to have to get Blogger involved... This shit is getting ridiculous, and just plain annoying.

The Single Chef said...

BM-- I have reported her for a violation of terms because I asked her not to leave comments to me and she continued to-- which is harassment. She is also being slanderous to you. I think you should report her as well rather than fuel the fire and ignore her. She will just continue.

Staci said...

I'm tired of it too. Looks like the blogger police are going to come after me!!!!

Just keep your tongue off my husbands testicles.